Hey friends! Today’s wedding planning tip video is all about selecting your wedding venue. Typically, brides will have their venue booked before they come to us which is just fine but to help you avoid some pitfalls in venue selection I wanted to be sure to share these tips with you!
We are lucky here in Birmingham, Alabama there are many wedding venues to pick from. Sometimes that can be overwhelming to brides especially if they don’t know what they really want & can make wedding planning feel hard to even get started. Remember, your venue location is going to set the tone, mood and feel for you entire event.
Here are some things to consider:
- Would you like a more formal wedding or casual wedding? What type of vibe does the venue you are looking at give off? Will that be easy to communicate in your invitation and other decor ideas?
- What time of day will your wedding be and is there any natural light in the building? If you have your heart set on sunset ceremony time but you are in a hotel ballroom–well guess what you can’t see the sunset more than likely.
- How many rental items are included with your venue like tables and chairs? Will this be enough to accommodate your guests or will you need to rent more?
- How many people can the space hold? Is that realistic in relation to your guest list? I have had so many clients book a venue, then over invite and then guests are crammed into a space that is too small and they are uncomfortable. Don’t make this mistake!
- What vendors do you have to use at that venue? Be wary of “all inclusive” properties. I believe that we should do one thing and do one thing well.
Watch the video below and let me know what you think! Don’t forget to hit subscribe to our channel so you don’t miss out on the good stuff!