For those couples who are planning weddings later in 2020, and 2021, you may find yourself with alot of time at home now. You may be wondering what can you work on for your wedding and so we are here to help! Keep in my mind your vendors are currently dealing with some madness in rescheduling their spring weddings so if you have some questions be patient in their response time.
In the meantime we have come up with a list of planning items you can work on, get ahead on and be a rock star bride or groom to be!
- Finalize your inspiration/ pinterest board :: I am not saying re-do your pinterest board or plan an entirely new wedding but if you are in a newer stage of planning this is a great time to get narrowed in on your vision for wedding day. Start cleaning up your current boards of things you may want to keep, things that don’t fit the current plan or vision, ideas for later. Having boards for each visual area of the wedding is also really helpful to your vendors.
- Guest list :: This is everyone’s biggest, worst project in planning. Now is the time to get that guest list in tip top shape. If your planner, or stationer requires it in a specific format, go ahead and start formatting it. We also suggest using a google sheet to be shared amongst you & your fiance, your parents and your fiance’s parents.
- Ordering dresses for showers, rehearsal dinner, honeymoon :: What else is there to do but online shop? I mean there are other things to do but I don’t know about you but my carts are full with things. Start thinking through how many showers you have coming up, rehearsal dinner, & honeymoon attire. Lots of shops are having sales and offering online shopping incentives. It is a great time to support small businesses. My favorite boutiques to support are Fabrik (do local pick up!), Shop Minnette and Ash Boutique.
- Guest lists for showers :: In addition to putting together your master wedding list, start pulling together shower lists. Your hostesses will thank you!
- Honeymoon :: If your honeymoon is far enough out from the suspected travel ban, then begin discussing possible destinations. Get in touch with a travel agent and get their professional opinion on future bookings. Our travel agent, Classic Travel with Pam, is a godsend and we love how she cares for our couples! She has planned several trips for Lee and myself, clients and our family.
- Song decisions :: Something I find that gets left until the very end are song choices. If you’d like songs for your ceremony & are doing first dances then knowing that info in advance is helpful especially if you want those played live. We recommend 4 songs for the ceremony: Seating for mothers, Wedding Party Processional, Bride’s Processional & Recessional. You may need or want some specific songs for the reception like first dances, introductions, cake cutting & send off. Also a play/do not play list is very helpful so your entertainment can gauge your preferences.
- If you need paper goods like invitations, rehearsal invites, reception paper like food signs, bar menus, cups, koozies, napkins, you can start designing these, gathering the information needed and ordering! Just know that there may be a sourcing delay on these things may be delayed due to overseas restrictions.
- Decide what you want to do for your send off.
- Order your guest book and pens.
- Research your state’s marriage license requirements, and change of name process.
- Assembly of any DIY projects–if you already have the materials or can get the materials you can start getting those projects completed. Story time :: I decided on a very involved wedding favor. I was so determined of these detailed gifts. Well it took my fiance(now husband), myself, mother-in-law and father-in-law about 4 hours to put together only half of them. I cried when I realized I wouldn’t be able to finish because I started the project close to our wedding date and I just didn’t have time to finish. Well came home from work the next day, and Lee & my mother-in-law put them all together. It took them ALL day but they did it. In retrospect, I should have given myself enough time so if you find yourself putting together an ambitious project, now is the time to tackle it!
- Have the wedding party’s order their attire :: again, know there could be ordering delays, but act sooner rather than later!
We hope this planning list while you are social distancing will be helpful. Also remember while you are at home on quarantine, talk about things other than the wedding. It is important for your relationship and sanity 😉