I have loved reading others 2015 recaps and I wanted to share mine with you. 2015 was an exciting year for us but also a difficult one.
We were going into year 2 of business, with double the number of weddings on our calendar than in 2014. We feel so honored so many clients entrusted us with one of the biggest days of their lives. You don’t get a redo on this and we take it so seriously that people trust us to get the job done for them.
In 2015, I began business coaching with a woman who has truly been a life changing force for me. We honed in on my ideal client, processes and streamlining my business so I can work smarter not harder. Being part of her coaching one on one and group programs have been hugely influential in my business and personal life. Lee, my husband, graduated CRNA school with a 4.0 GPA and a job offer which he accepted. I could not be more proud of him. I cannot believe at 30 years old we are both chasing our dreams together. Sometimes I want to ask “is this real life?!”
Some things didn’t work in 2015:
- I didn’t keep my own boundaries that I set for myself. Keeping office hours and making dedicated personal time is important and its one of my 2016 goals.
- Saying yes to too much. I am a giver by nature and hate saying no. I am working on it.
- Too much wasted social media time. Time to put the phone down.
What I am looking forward to in 2016 and goals:
- My words for 2016 are intentional and purposeful. Doing without purpose or intention is wasted time and energy. No more of that.
- Taking care of myself more: eating better, working out at least 3-4 times a week, sleeping. It sounds simple but these three little things make me a happier Ashley.
- Finding a new church home
- Working on the dave ramsey system
What are your 2016 goals? What worked and didn’t work for you and your family in 2015? Reflect and share below!
Photo Credit: Leslee Mitchell Photography